Almighty, Lee Alexander McQueen

POSTED ON: Wednesday 14 August 2013 @ 01:42 | 0 comments


[My private collection of McQueen, 'Alexander McQueen Evolution' book by Katherine Gleason]


Every designer surely has their own inspiration, so do I (as a soon to be designer, of course). Actually i have 3 designers, who has been always my inspiration since the first time i wanted to become designer. And in this post i will review one of them. Can you guess who is he? I'm sure he has been everyone's inspiration, not only me. And yes, He is 'almighty' Lee Alexander McQueen. I think I shouldn't write his biography, because it can be found here, instead I will write why I like him. First of all, his creations are 'jaw-dropping'. They are unique, extraordinary and rare. He's always thinking out-of-the-box, which it makes his creations spectacular. He was ferociously creative. And he had a laser-guided vision of what he wanted to do. He dares to be different, even some of reporters gave him a bad critics, he never mind it because he believes it's his own style and no one can change it. In fact, he became famous and known all over the world. No wonder he has been called many things, including genius, misogynist, a bull in china shop, the leading British designer of his generation, and many more. Throughout his life, he has presented approximately 36 shows. Started from 'Jack the Ripper Stalks His Victims' which is his graduation show in 1992, until his last show, 'Plato's Atlantis' for Spring/Summer 2010. McQueen's show was always a dream affair, and one to be long anticipated - knowing nothing except to expect the unexpected. It's hard to choose which one is my favorite show, but if I have to choose, there are several shows:


The Horn of Plenty
Fall/Winter 2009-2010


Plato's Atlantis
Spring/Summer 2010

pictures credit : google.com

But sadly, his career came to an abrupt end. He was found dead by his own hand on February 2010. And now we can only look back, reflect on his body of work and see what a genius he was.





‚Üê Older / ‚ô• back up ‚ô• / Newer ‚Üí
Be creative.